Friday 27 September 2024

Sound advice


I have just bought a little endoscope. This is the second one I have owned, but I sold the first on very quickly when I realised that it was not suitable for what I needed doing.

It was a large box and screen with a thick cable attached, needed charging and cost about £90. The new one is a thin cable which plugs into your phone, has an adjustable lighting system and cost under £14. The images are on the phone screen and can be saved as stills or video. At some point it is going to be very useful, but even if not it doesn't matter for that price. I will have fun with it at least.

On the instruction leaflet it warns you that it is not suitable for personal use, which is Chinese for 'don't stick it up your arse'.

4 comments:

  1. Actually that instruction is the English translation. The Chinese would just write the more direct version. I saw a photo of a sign for tourist toilets in China once which read, 'Shitting Place'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh. James May touring Japan saw and read out some similar things.

      Delete
    2. Whenever I see the word endoscope now I only think of arses.

      Delete
  2. A house would not be a home without at least one endoscope, on the ready at all times.

    ReplyDelete