Sunday 5 July 2020

I may destroy you.



We've been watching 'I may Destroy You' for the last few nights. It's not what you could call a relaxing watch, but it is sort of compulsive viewing.

Michaela Coel wrote it, directed it and stars in it, so she has been compared to Phoebe Waller-Bridge. I don't think that anyone would compare a man to a man for having made a drama containing similar material, but critics just have to say something which shows that they think about things which they watch, not just enjoy them or not.

One of the reasons I have to see all 11 episodes is because of her face. She has an extraordinarily beautiful one. If she had been a foot taller they probably would have wanted her for a model, but that would have been a waste.

This is beginning to sound like a review now, so I had better leave it at that.

8 comments:

  1. That Tom Stephenson: he's comparable with Cro Magnon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Justin Welby to Nigel Farage - both bankers (cockney rhyming slang).

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's almost too scary for me Weave, but I was brought up on Hammer Horror.

      Delete
  3. This actress has a fine body of work. Makes me sad to be so much older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think how much more she will do, and I not see. You, too.

      Delete
    2. Oh I see. I find myself thinking like that a lot these days. I'm not sure we should.

      Delete