Thursday 8 September 2011

Female window cleaning

I thought long and hard about putting up an audio clip of British soldiers, beating to death Baha Mousa today, and then I thought, 'No, I'll put some other subject about torture', using photos taken whilst out and about, tending to the needs of my parishioners.

The above one was taken in my local branch of Lidl, and is a toy that you can buy for your cat - if you REALLY hate your cat. The great thing is that the cat can never get hold of any of the balls inside the box, providing fun for all the family!


Then a van pulled up outside my workshop, displaying this advert on the side. What - I began to wonder - is the difference between a female window and a male one? All was made clear when a couple of young women got out and went for a walk. (I want some free window cleaning for this, Rachel and Claire).

Then I went into a charity shop and found this wonderful clip-board. 'Chopin Liszt' - GEDDITT?


And finally, this wonderfully camp, hand-painted figure of (I presume) Colonel Custer, just about to experience his last stand.

Isn't life wonderful when you have good taste and an eye for a bargain?

13 comments:

  1. Obviously, they couldn't call their company "Ladies"windowcleaning.com.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have - for a peaceful life - changed the wording in my post, Mark. Hopefully you are one of only about 50 who happened to see the original text!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when I'm catching up with my blog posts you go and bang another up. That cat box is just mean. I hope Lidl get stuck with them. As for Baha Mousa, that is horror beyond. I hope justice prevails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have good taste. (Cough, cough.) That Colonel Custer figurine is going to be an antique one day.

    And where is the picture of the female window cleaners??????? My imaginatin is running rampant, seeing them with hoochie short skirts in leopart print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you had read the original text, Iris, you would know that short, leopard skin skirts are not going to be seen - especially when climbing up ladders (not hat the modern, de-ionised water system with extendable poles requires the use of ladders - or even the use of lads).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to correct you Tom, but I think that is Buffalo Bill Cody, Not General George Custer...
    Custer was a blonde..
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1bE9s-7Fq7Y/TjMFfc18CiI/AAAAAAAAGqg/TqcccNTBWUM/s1600/8x10_Gen+Custer.jpg

    Buffalo Bill Cody was a red head who grayed early in life
    :http://www.bbhc.org/site_media/uploads/explore_bb_poster_1.69.137.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn the links don't work.....But just look them up on the internet! You will see the difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking that may be Buffalo Bill...he ran one heck of a wild west show and featured my own personal hero, Annie Oakley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know more about Brahms & Liszt that Chopin Liszt. One more vote for Buffalo Bill here too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Jiller. There was much debate in the pub when trying to decide who the little fellow was, and I started off calling him Hickock, then went along with everyone else's idea of Custer, but I am sure you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a cleaning company here run by women and called Dusty Springclean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Try this which is called as Dirt2tidy.
    Carpet cleaning services Sydney

    ReplyDelete