Monday 24 January 2022

Don’t, won’t, can’t understand

This is a post created on my phone, so please make allowances. 
I don’t know much, but what I do know I know for certain - maybe. When there is a crisis, a lot of people make a lot of money.  Covid, WW2, and any other crisis you care to think of. 

I had white South African friends in the 1970s, and if I dared to criticise apartheid they would say, ‘you don’t understand’. 

I had many Israeli friends in the 1970s/80s, and if I dared to criticise their government they would say, ‘you don’t understand’.

A lot of people are going to make a lot of money from Putin’s invasion of the Ukraine.

If we are a little worried about a 40% rise in energy prices already, just wait until Putin invades. 

Britain - I am told - only relies on Russia for 5% of gas supplies. Phew. 

10 comments:

  1. Here's my head of the line take on what I understand of international economics: I understand Britain relies on the world for most of its supplies of fuel, food, labor, etc. If Russia starts a war, the world will pay, and as consumer of the world's goods, Britain will pay a lot. I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Europe buys more Russian gas than we do, but France supplies us with more electricity than any other nation. Putin will turn down the supply and France will bring up prices even higher than they are set to become in April. It's a knock-on. We get most of our gas from Norway, and I don't know who owns what it left of the North Sea.

      Delete
  2. 1964 was a very good year. There will always be money to be made. To make money, you have to be on the right side of the crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanctions on Russia will cause all commodity prices to rise worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the Ukraine buying the arms or is it just a part of the deal?

      Delete
    2. For military equipment sold to Ukraine there is a Credit Support Agreement in place. In other words a loan agreement that they pay back over time. The US have a similar agreement in place with Ukraine.

      Delete
  4. It's all politics and those with money already making more...may the Gods help the rest of us, as no-one else will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All through history it has been just one man that causes global problems.

      Delete