Saturday 15 August 2020

By popular demand...

 


HAPPY NOW?! Jesus, it's almost as if you have something to hide if a five year-old boy staring at you makes you feel uncomfortable.

And another thing... It took me ages to find the image by trawling through literally thousands of photographs on this machine and when I was half way through,  the photo storage just crashed. I had to begin all over again. The things I do to keep you all happy.

During that trawl I came upon this photo. You can immediately tell it was taken in the Pre-Covid era (B.C.) but if you were uncertain, the date 1910 can be seen beneath it.

The street where I live can be seen in it and - believe it or not - the crowds had gathered to see King George the Fifth and Queen Mary standing outside The Guildhall, presumably waving at them. I wondered whether or not you would get this sort of a turnout if today's royalty stood around in the street, then I remembered the funeral of Princess Diana. I bet the police are hoping our beloved monarch has the good grace to pop her clogs during the middle of the Covid crisis. Just think of the money they would save on crowd control and security.

I have already received a message from a devoted follower, complimenting me on my good sense in reverting to my old (and much-loved, it seems) header photo, and she also gives me clear and easy-to-follow instructions for making the blog mobile-friendly. I am now going to carry them out. If it doesn't work, blame Rachel. 

27 comments:

  1. Well that worked. Thanks Rachel. It would have taken me ages to understand that the three, tiny grey dots had anything to do with mobile settings options. I just wonder how really old people cope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would lend hand as the mobile bit is important to me and you seemed to keep putting it off. You just have the clock to do. X

      Delete
    2. I like the idea of having no clock at all.

      Delete
    3. I find it useful to know what time of day you wrote the post.

      Delete
    4. That's why I don't want a clock.

      Delete
    5. Did I say clock? I meant cock.

      Delete
    6. I did a double take and decided to leave it.

      Delete
    7. I bet you say that to all the boys.

      Delete
  2. And John - here is your moustache-wearing older member of the crew. He is the universal British uncle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello son. You are a big disappointment to us, but we still love you.

      Delete
  3. And everyone else - anything else I can do (apart from stop writing) to improve it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel sorted my blog out too....
    Nice to see everything as it should be xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can tell they had no television in the olden days. I would say to everyone using the new blog, just click on all those toggles and learn how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom's blog problems of the past few days, Thelma, were nothing to do with new blogger. New blogger should not pose a problem for anyone, it just happens and works.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for taking on that one. I am beginning to lose the will to speak. In a way I don't blame anyone. The thought of reading all John's comments makes me feel ill. Him too judging from his response rate.

      Delete
    3. I couldn't have stomached it either. I had to work quick.

      Delete
    4. Then breath into a paper bag.

      Delete
  6. Never thought of that Thelma - we are all too idle to go out to see then thesw days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that kept me entertained. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The date is clear, 1910..but even without that, you could date it to before the late 1940s, as everyone has a hat.
    Good to see your problems sorted, and now we know who to request assistance from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't know what happened to hats. I blame Teddy Boys.

      Delete
    2. Well you couldn't put a hat on thier sort of hair styles, could you!

      Delete
    3. Policemen used to say to Teddy Boys, "Do your feet come to the end of those shoes?" The answer was, "Does your head come to the end of that helmet?"

      Delete