Monday 1 June 2020

Reds under the bed


Today I am going to use my new gazebo in anger. Well, more ernest than anger. There's enough anger around as it is.

Fatigue is beginning to set in. I'm as fed up as you are with the daily chore of deciphering government guidelines and arguing with people who don't seem to have any problems driving through the fog to test their eyesight, so I am going to relax for a change.

I still go over to Colonel Blimp's country retreat occasionally to check up on what he is having for lunch, but I miss the Hattatts' civilising influence more. 

The world needs more Hattatts and I need a holiday. Not an enforced holiday. I am talking about the liberation that labour (with a lower-case 'L') gives us screaming lefties.

16 comments:

  1. It looks like the perfect spot to enjoy a cheese and pickle sandwich and a glass of stout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I did have a cheese and pickle sandwich there today, but no stout you will be relieved to hear.

      Delete
  2. I miss the Hattat's blog! But I always enjoy yours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could be as polite as them and still keep a straight face.

      Delete
  3. You've needed a holiday for the last 4 years even if you've had one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss The Hattatts as well and their blog before that one. They have gone over to the dark side that is Facebook like so many bloggers that I used to follow.Maybe not dwell on those bloggers past and embrace us loyal followers 🤣 XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do Jack@. I do reserve the right to drink a bottle of wine then lurch over to Colonel Blimp's place to tell him what I really think of Margaret Thatcher every now and then though.

      Delete
  5. Do you do your screaming in your gold lycra one piece ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the Hattatts, too. Did not know they defected to FB. The Hattatts? No, they just left the field for a bit. I bet you see them round at Colonel Blimp's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they have turned their backs on us bloggers.

      Delete
  7. Sort of wish I could sit transport out of this shitshow for a sit under that gazebo. (I'd wear my mask, promise.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you do. Trump is stirring it all up nicely. He is appealing to his supporters. I hear he had a photoshoot holding up a bible. God save us from Christians like him. You are welcome to sit under my gazebo. It is over 6 feet long.

      Delete
  8. Am I alone in NOT missing the Hattatts? (Yes, I'm feeling grumpy - but who wouldn't be with such a shower of a government as the one that we have got.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be Cher. I understand though. I have been grumpy all day too.

      Delete