Friday 28 February 2020

Dark forces in the Ministry of Magic

As previously mentioned, Boris Johnson has been instructed to tell his new cabinet of incompetent poodles that they are never to speak to the BBC under any circumstances at all, let alone go on one of their programs to be interviewed.

Of all the news programs on the network, BBC Radio's Today is the government's greatest enemy, because they employ highly intelligent, eloquent and impartial journalists who have the inconvenient habit of asking awkward questions at awkward moments, which usually never receive answers in any case.

Today invited whoever the Minister for Health is at the moment to come on the program and give clear instructions about how to prepare for a possible epidemic of the Coronavirus across the country, but he/she (I cannot be bothered to look up a name) refused.

Dominic Cummings knows that there is no new cabinet minister who would be capable of fending off an experienced journalist, and he knows that they also would not have a clue about the department which they are supposed to head. Since they have sacked any truly knowledgeable advisors and his personal area of expertise is Machiavellian politics, he himself is in no position to advise anyone on matters of health in times of potential crisis.

To quote Her Majesty, "I cannot imagine why anyone would want the job of Prime Minister at the moment."

12 comments:

  1. HeHe! BBC Radio's Today..???
    Goodness! Is that still going, who listens
    to it..who listens to the radio these days
    anyway..! :).

    Dominic Cummings..NOW! There's a man who
    should be 'Hung..Drawn..and what ever the
    last one is'..He's a disgrace to the government, the people..but mostly to
    himself..if l knew his address..l'd send
    him a suit, collar and tie..and some soap!

    The P/M's job..YES! Please! I'd be the second
    Prime Minister to be a 'dictator' the first
    being Margret Thatcher of course..!

    Lovely little read Tom..don't know how l
    found you..gonna look back on some of yer
    old pots..! :o).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Willie (!). I checked you out and I can now confirm that you are very welcome here, even though you do not listen to any radio at all, let alone 4.

      The word you are missing for Cummings is 'quartered'.

      Yes, we need a benign dictator, but I would prefer the Royal Family tempered by a sound and traditional Civil Service along the lines on Sir Humphrey. Fat chance.

      If you need to while away the long winter evenings by going back through my old posts, then that should take care of the next few winters. The are around 3,000 of them. Judging from the pictures of you that I have seen, you haven't got much time left. Better get on with it.

      I need followers like you (or do I?) I am rapidly losing most of mine for just speaking my twisted mind. If I accuse anyone of being silly or even idiotic, they don't like it - can't think why. I know I am just as boring as them, but for different reasons.

      Delete
    2. If you really want to go through my old pots you'll have to make an appointment.

      Delete
    3. Love it! Love it! I think we may have
      a jolly old banter here and there...
      3,000 posts..? I'll do them a at half
      time in to~nights football..

      As your aware..l like a laugh..every
      morning l'm in stitches just looking
      into the mirror, and yet more stitches
      after l've had a shave..! :).

      Best get on..still on me first lemon
      tea of the day..
      Oh! I'm a sayings person..
      "Once a king..always a king..But once
      a 'knight' is enough'..! :o). God Bless!
      ☕🍰☕🍰☕🍰☕🍰☕🍰☕🍰☕🍰☕

      Delete
    4. Thanks for popping over..l have left
      a small reply, nothing threatening..!
      Glad you like the rose..You ought to
      have a flower on here..how about...
      Atropa Belladonna~~~~Deadly Nightshade!

      Delete
  2. The word that springs to my mind about everything at present Tom is 'despair'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I console myself that Spring is just around the corner - as is Coronavirus...

      Delete
  3. I wondered once if Boris fancied himself the new Winston, except he simply cannot put together the same kind of cabinet. He'd mess up Dunkirk, too. And, I think I read the king didn't think much of Winston. At least at the beginning.
    I do like Willie. Be nice to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Churchill is supposed to be Boris's hero, but I think that was an affectation for the election. If he said that Margaret Thatcher was his heroine, he would not have got all those votes from the North.

      Delete
  4. This is insane. The health minister censoring epidemic info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all for the sake of their hatred for the BBC.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the good ole US of A to me!

    ReplyDelete