Sunday 8 December 2019

Commissions undertaken


It's made from plaster with a polystyrene core, fitted to a model of the wooden post it will eventually be attached to. The core of the tail is made of  stiff polyurethane foam, also coated in plaster.


Much casting work and a few thousand pounds later it became bronze. The feet have bronze pins cast in which are drilled into the woodwork.

I wish I could get work like this all the time. Does anyone have a beloved pet which they would like forever immortalised?

17 comments:

  1. Nice job. I saw a beautiful Cock Pheasant this morning; a rare sight here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work - sadly I don't have any pets here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When are you going on another trip? Can't wait.

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately, no, but doesn't the pheasant need a 'lady friend' they could have you make? Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of shot, there is a bronze fox cub looking down on it. I'll show more pictures.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work. Hope you get commissons

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are incredibly talented and I hope you
    can show more pictures of your work. Our neighbours had a wonderful and expensive house built which the builders wanted to show in magazines. Neighbours agree with a privacy stipulation, no prices , no address and no owners to be named. Maybe something like that could work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll agree to anything if it produces an outcome.

      Delete
  6. Tom, I hope news of your availability spreads wide and far.
    It is so good to see a little something. I know the secrecy clause must have about choked you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's marvellous! If I was pecunious and several thousand kilometres closer ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful. Nice to see something that you have produced! It is usually a big secret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have obtained limited permission to show these images.

      Delete
  9. Hoorah! A pheasant for us peasants!

    ReplyDelete