Monday 19 August 2019

Summer Garden Parties in England


This is the garden party we went to on Saturday. Strings of lights make an outdoor event so much more magical. And yes, the weather was good.

All the Bath family were there and it carried on until the small hours. The sun was going down in this photo. We spent a while chatting to Jed Mercurio's wife and daughter. He was elsewhere. It must be somewhat overwhelming to be a screenwriter who is so (currently) popular that people beg you to write whole series each time the last one finishes.

I'm off to climb the ladder in the pouring rain.

10 comments:

  1. I've never heard of him. Lovely day here. Watch the rungs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo .... I’d love a chat with Jed Mercurio ..... I love Line of Duty and Bodyguard...... and, you can never beat lots of twinkly fairy lights ! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather talk to his wife and daughter.

      Delete
  3. Lighting helps make events more special. It looks like a beautiful late summer evening where the theme is having fun.

    It is not a good idea to climb ladders in the rain or sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By all means climb it is the rain - just never in a gale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't work in a gale anyway, but thanks for the advice. Oh, and I am using 240 volts while I am up there. Fearless, me.

      Delete
  5. It would be far more comforting to read "I climbed the ladder in the pouring rain today."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a test climb after it stopped raining. No catastrophes.

      Delete