Thursday 15 August 2019

In God We Trust (all others pay cash)

If I had known it would all end like this I would have made other plans when I was younger, like everyone else did.

H.I. told me not to lose faith when I went to bed last night. Faith in what?

I woke up to Farming Today and heard a Brexit MEP telling a distraught farmer in his constituency that everything will be ok, even if we do crash out of Europe. "What we need now..." he said (meaning what you need now), "...is certainty".

The only thing we can be certain of is that about half of all struggling British farmers will be put out of business if they don't adopt the farming practices of the USA in order to compete with cheap imports, and the E.U. will slap massive tariffs on the high quality British produce if we leave without a deal.

If you make a threat you have to be willing to carry it out, no matter what the cost to the people who elected (or didn't elect) you to work in your best interests.

All the signs are there for yet another global recession. It is building up to a perfect storm and Brexit is one of the main contributors to it.

When I was about 6 or 7, my older sister told me that each time I said I did not believe in fairies, one died. When my brother (who later went on to steal my parent's entire life savings) found out that I sort of believed it, he followed me around chanting, "I don't believe in fairies. I don't believe in fairies..."

The funny thing is that I now believe my sister. Fairies die from within.

17 comments:

  1. And no doubt the UK will slap huge tariffs on anything imported from mainland Europe! What's good for the Goose, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not good for anyone is it? We are now all suffering because of Trump's tariffs on China.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and have you heard about your 'intelligent' friend Boris Johnson's latest idea to combat knife crime amongst urban youth?

      He has just spent £58,000 on having fried chicken take-away boxes printed up with suggested alternatives to killing each other with knives - you know, music, sports, youth clubs...err... well, all the things that black people seem to enjoy.

      This was done on the 'intelligence' that all black people buy fried chicken from take-aways. They love fried chicken even more than watermelon it seems.

      If you still think that Boris Johnson isn't anything but a dim-witted racist, then I think you should avoid MENSA tests yourself for the foreseeable future.

      Delete
    3. I don't know about the black part that you talk about and who said that and in fact have not heard about it because I am watching Air Crash Investigation as usual but anything that raises knife crime awareness and creates a new thought process is not to be ridiculed in my opinion.

      Delete
    4. Find out what I am talking about and stop spouting your usual bollocks. I wonder when or if you will ever get your head around this particular crisis.

      Delete
    5. I may think differently to you but at the end of the day we both want stabbings to stop. I was only trying to be positive on it as nothing else has succeeded and it does no good to anyone to do nothing but be negative all the time. The Brexit crisis is only a crisis because the Remain MPs failed to accept the result of the Referendum.

      Delete
    6. You continuously talk bollocks. You know what you have said in the past - the very recent past. The evidence is just above this comment. I am sick of you screaming right-wingers twisting everything you have said in the past and trying yo justify it as being reasonable.It isn't fucking reasonable and I have had enough of it.

      Delete
  2. I note you haven't said you will be the first in the queue to buy British, to support British farming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always buy British farm produce and have been doing so for fucking years. You are very good at pretending you know all about farming, but I have come to recognise your shortcomings in this area. I have not said I will be the first in the queue to buy British produce because I did not think I needed to. I always do, though I am obliged to buy a Chinese-made ladder from China rather than a Chinese-made ladder from B&Q because it is half the price.

      You are such a hypocrite. You make me want to turn my back on blogging for good.

      DON'T send me pathetic personal emails over this. I have had enough of them. I have better things to do than offset the effects of a waxing moon on your state of mind.

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't dream of it. I was just giving you a comment on what I truly think and it was in the spirit of blogging.

      Delete
    3. I am disappointed you think I am a hypocrite. I am not.

      Delete
    4. Yes you are. You say one thing, do another and then attack people for doing the same thing. Fuck off.

      Delete
    5. I think he loves you really Rachel:

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom, your view of the future of your country pretty much mirrors my view of the future of mine.We're fucked. Except, how can Britain adopt the farming practices of this country? Britain isn't big enough! It's as big as Ohio for godz sake. That's like one big vegetable garden. Kitchen gardens, like you call them. Chinese imports of everything will overwhelm the rest of the world.I wish I knew H.I.'s vision. Now I need to go to bed and sleep. I need more than your two hours a night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I meant standards rather than practices. This is not meant to be an insult, but the only way of bringing prices down is to lower standards. Intensive farming cuts the cost of food production dramatically. H.I. was telling me to keep faith in my own, personal future. That is next to impossible right now. As far as I can see my future does not look good, and I can't see very far.

      Delete
  5. How does a Brit know about Jean Shepard?

    ReplyDelete