Friday 24 May 2019

Strong and stable


How can we have spent the last three years saying 'it can't get any worse' only to find it gets worse on a daily basis?

Now we are facing the unthinkable prospect of having either Boris Johnson or Michael Gove as Prime Minister, following six weeks of more lies and unfulfillable promises as an unwanted and needless distraction from Brexit.

There are only two reasons why any Conservative would put themselves forward for Prime Minister in the present climate - a selfless sense of public duty at a time of national crisis, or a life-long ambition to hold high office under any circumstances whatsoever.

Johnson and Gove would murder their own mothers if it meant that they would one day be able to say, "I was once Prime Minister of Great Britain."

Their shameless, naked ambition (along with everyone else's) makes me feel physically sick.

FOOTNOTE:
I have just found the above picture of our pub's very own Gary of 'Farage Wave' fame.  It seems that you can now buy the T- shirt. There are still some things left that make me feel proud.

8 comments:

  1. Re. Your 4th para, I understand May was the same. Sitting in a cafe in Odessa I have just seen her resignation date: 7th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Possibly worse. Eve Boris and Gove let her take the job.

      Delete
  2. Politicians of their ilk are so out of touch with reality and with the daily grind of the population that personal gain and kudos is all they care about.
    Then there are the likes of Farage who does I suspect understand the daily grind but manipulates people's insecurities for personal gain.
    They're all as bad as each other. I voted for the one who backs staying in the EU. It was all I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Ken Clarke, at least let the ship go down with some humour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall now officially bury my head in my hands, and wait until it's all over. 2025 maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched may's nauseating speech for two minutes and then threw up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have buried my head in the sand for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I throw up every time I look at that pathetic clown we have in the White House. Sorry to hear that your stomach will be as rocky as mine....

    ReplyDelete