Sunday 21 October 2018

What a perfect storm


100 years since WW1.

Britain leaves the E.U, and the E.U. falls apart.

Trump tears up the nuclear weapons treaty signed by Gorbachev and the USA.

Everyone falls out with Saudi Arabia as the war in the Yemen starves 3 million people to death. Oil prices go up and we carry on selling arms to despots.

China joins in with the arms race as does India, protecting industrial interests. We have no industry left worth mentioning.

Both world wars were fought in Europe.

Aren't you glad you voted Brexit?

Isn't it good to be alive?

7 comments:

  1. I heard "Bridge over troubled waters" in the car today. It helped and so did the Fall colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding that sort of solace no use right now.

      Delete
  2. I voted remain. Where does that leave me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stand by your beds; everything as usual. We were both remainers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just despair! All our politicians are so incompetent. I have stopped reading the daily papers and just get on with my own life as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete