Sunday 13 May 2018

A moment of lucidity


I was given a rare gift this evening. To come back to Earth one more time and remind myself what it is like to stroll down the street in the sunshine and really appreciate it like someone who has been dead for as long as I have.

I looked - unrecognised - into the faces of strangers, and some of them even smiled.

I arrived at the house and the old key still worked. No trace of rust at all.

As I walked up the stairs I heard H.I.'s voice welcoming me from the kitchen, and I was back - moment by moment - freshly dead again. It was good to be home.

How wonderful that time does not always travel in a straight line.

24 comments:

  1. I love this, don’t understand a word of it, mind. It struck a chord, not sure why?

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What have you been sniffing now ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freshly dead again. It was all an illusion then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mean that you saw it all through fresh eyes ? XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTF? Glad you are back to normal.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus, Tom. You are the short-short-short story writer I've ever read. I love this. You are so unpredictable, I never know what kind of genius you are going to reveal next. Carpe diem, but you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't just make this stuff up, you know. You have all been dead for just as long as me, if not longer in some cases.

      Delete
  7. Sometimes it's called a lucid dream. Or, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes windows open up in front of you as fast as they close behind.

      Delete
  8. Follow the glitter brick road.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This morning, this reminds me of The Ballad of Reading Gaol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This reminds me of some dreams I've had but it is more beautifully written and less shambolic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you John. I thought you would understand. How's tricks?

      Delete
    2. Carry on gently. It will not be an end of everything, no matter how it seems right now.

      Delete
  12. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete