Sunday 1 April 2018

On the spectrum after all


In the freezing wasteland of a  Northern German shopping arcade, I made an impulse purchase. When I got back to the heated flat, I put them on. It began to snow and I congratulated myself on 20 euros well spent.

There is just one niggling little thing which I am trying to ignore, though. I really liked the idea of there being no left and no right - of them being identical - so I just put them on my feet without having to go through the tedious morning process of deciding which one is which as I have to with all my other shoes.

The problem is that they are not identical. One is a little slimmer than the other. So now I find myself having to make a meaningless decision about which foot to put in which boot. It has exposed the little grain of autism in me that we all have to some degree or other. I must not let this get too big.


22 comments:

  1. I made another impulse purchase last night after a few drinks. I bought a Matsukov Cassegrain telescope. I hope I don't regret that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great slippers, very cosy. Not so sure about the telescope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the slippers had disappeared but they are still here. Anything without a proper left or right annoys me, or a sole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would consider them as socks - no left, no right - but I know i couldnt resist marking the inside with ”dx” and "sx”
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I'm looking at the picture, I think you need to switch them around. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had a 50/50 chance of getting it right.

      Delete
  6. Maybe you picked up one size for the left and one size for the right? or were they in the bargain bin? anyway...everybody is on the spectrum somewhere and your cords are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It should be quite easy, one foot is always bigger than the other. Always,we are not symetrical. Which foot do you lead with going upstairs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They will stretch to conform, no doubt. Unless they annoy you too much. I've spent $25 worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The right foot looks like it is wearing the narrower slipper. It would bug me a bit to have them not be identical.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh for f**ks sake put your best foot forward...

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bet they get stuffed in the back of the closet.

    ReplyDelete