Here we bloody go again. At a time when my personal cash-flow resembles that tap which I really must get round to fixing in the bathroom of our compact but adorable city apartment, I am hemorrhaging money from more orifices than I suspected I ever had, and fiddling whilst Rome burns by writing this blog and chatting up barmaids.
Last week, I lost a small fortune (in personal terms) by selling stuff at auction at under half of what I paid for it, and the week before that, my second attempt to fit the air-pump (you know, that one sold to me from Istanbul) resulted in the confirmation that I had - indeed - bought the wrong model and now have to spend another small, personal fortune in getting another.
70% of my work at present involves watching plaster dry, and the other 30% involves mixing it. I have no idea when I will be able to put in a bill for it.
So I decided yesterday - in a fit of desperation - to sell the 16th century brass candlestick on eBay (again) having been convinced that it is an amalgam of two sticks, the top English and the base Dutch - therefore only worth a fraction of what it would be if an intact English one.
I have had so much conflicting 'information' with regard to this stick, that if it were not for the fact that nobody who thinks it is 'right' has bought it for a price which would guarantee a handsome profit on resale, I would hang onto it until I no longer felt the desire to sell it because I didn't need the money.
So if you pop over to eBay right now, you can (A) possibly grab yourself a bargain from a field which you have no previous knowledge of or experience in, and (B) discover my real identity so that you can commit an act of fraud by hacking into my bank account, details of which may be found hidden within the site. (Don't even think about it, Peter).
Neither would do you much financial good in the short term though, but you could end up with a pretty candlestick just in time for Christmas - a pretty expensive one at that.