Friday 13 January 2012

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman


For some reason, (you would not want to be inside my head before 9.00 a.m.) I had the idea this morning that 'Stand By Your Man' would be a great song for a drag-queen, then I thought that it must have been done already, so went to You Tube and found this.

The cinematographer is having the same difficulties as Chris at Hung Up On, but at least it means you have a good excuse to lie down whilst you watch it. I think it sort of adds to the rustic charm myself, and you have to admit that this living Dolly has a good voice, which is a shame in a way.

I was rather hoping that I could find a version sung by a butch, country and western cowboy complete with Stetson, but this seems to be the only one available. Oh well, it's good, if a little cliched (here's a squiggle for you to turn the other way round and glue to the top of the e : ` ).

Now look what I have gone and done - the end of that line above looks as though I am trying to convey a sort of tortured, smiley, winking face with one nostril, in text-speak shorthand.

Sometimes it's hard and sometimes it isn't. Full stop

20 comments:

  1. It's a Picasso smiley face Tom, well done.

    Was it hard when you were watching the video clip Tom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of semi-colon, Chris. I was lying down, after all.

      Delete
  2. That looks a little bit like you Tom ..... you don't do drag in your spare time do you ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the lack of hips that do me in. Men always tend to move from the shoulders.
    It musta been hard, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I like the way women instinctively steer their arses toward the chair when they sit down.

      Delete
  4. Love the dress; it reminds me of my great aunts curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you find out how to add an acute over an e in an easier way Tom - let me know, I find it very irritating when writing words like cliche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like that old 'acute angina' joke, Weaver.

      Delete
  6. We're have cliche tonight Weaver. Cliche Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having Clodge Lorraine, but not necessarily in that order.

      Delete
  7. sometimes you intrigue me
    and
    I have absolutely no idea what you are on about

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes, the 'reply' button does not work. That is really annoying. Maybe they will sort it out...

    ReplyDelete
  9. è - see? mine is bent the wrong way, Moll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you can do is go into Microsoft Word. click on 'Insert' and then 'Special Character' from the signs and squiggles box click on the e with the left stroke or the right whatever you want, whatever you like, I'm starting to sound like Status Quo. Copy and paste and you get è or é. But I expect you knew that already. Anyway that's what I do

      Delete
  10. I don't seem to have a reply button on my blog. Why don't I have a reply button? Does Blogger only mete them out to the deserved ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just the guinea-pigs to try the new stuff out on. For some reason, blogger does not allow me any more than a certain amount of photos, so I wouldn't feel too left out, Sarah.

      Delete