Tuesday 13 December 2011

Rabbit rabbit rabbit

I saw this New Zealand Sauvignon Plonk on offer in Waitrose last night, and wondered how it got it's name. Maybe the Kiwi vinster was wandering between the vines, when he heard the following conversation between two fluffy bunnies on the other side of the foliage:

"Oi - Flopsy - get your arse out of my face. You're shitting on one of me five-a-day!"

"Get lost, Thumper - this is my patch."

"Your patch?! I've been coming here since the day before yesterday!"

"You weren't even here yesterday, you mixied old fool."

"You weren't even born yesterday. I wasn't here because I was too busy shagging your mother."

"That was my wife, you dirty old git."

"And it was yer mother too - now sod off before I lose my temper , and take your turds with you - this grass tastes foul."

Etc. etc.

I don't think I could bring myself to buy this wine, just because of the label.


17 comments:

  1. I'll never buy it...I can almost hear all the bickering....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never trust a rabbit. Turn your back, and there'll be ten of them. Chateau Lapin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having read this I shall definitely not be buying this wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure that Rabbit Row is a name devised for the UK market, I have never seen it on sale here and that name wouldn't go down well in NZ. A little Googling reveals that it was made by Villa Maria who make excellent wine so it's probably a drinkable drop. Just don't look at the label.

    ReplyDelete
  5. waitrose can do NOTHING wrong in my book.....as for the rabbits....have you been sniffing the polish again?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to buy a bottle now - me and my big, furry mouth.

    Sniffing the Polish John? I let them clean my car, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, quit knocking the Polish. Some of my best friends are from Poland!

    I'd buy that wine based on the label. This is why my liver looks like a grey sock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey - quit knocking livers! They may be evil, but they don't deserve a quick death! (Polish liver sausage is quite nice too).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer leaded if I can't get lighter fluid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll send you a bottle chris, for xmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll send you a bottle, X - for Chrismas! (Who needs sad, sad songs from the John Lewis Partnership when you have Tom Stephenson on tap?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. if you can sing that song tom... I would buy the single!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And on the 'B' side - Tom's drunken pub karaoke version of 'I will survive'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I googled it. It's exclusive to Waitrose and you are supposed to eat Thai Crab Cakes with it. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why didn't Chas 'n' Dave do 'I will Survive'? I would have bought that. 'My Way' is my karaoke speciality.

    Thai crab cakes?! They just pay people to sit around and come up with this bollocks. I might write to them and ask what wine goes with my jar of Lark Tongues in Aspic.

    ReplyDelete