Thursday 6 October 2022

I love this


I haven't stopped laughing at this since I saw it on Instagram yesterday. You will need to turn the sound right up - the only way I could get it onto blogger was to film it from the screen. Funnily enough, this is pretty much what he was actually saying when it happened. I love the Manchester accent.

I find myself with a spare hour this morning so I thought I would squeeze one in, so to speak. I haven't got much to say really - apart from what you would expect me to say - but I will say it anyway. A couple of years ago the UK pages of Blogland would have been bursting with indignation over a certain politician called Corbyn, but - very strangely - not a single mention has been made of the Conservative Party Conference held only last weekend.  Perhaps everyone is embarrassed.

Growth, growth, growth. How about a game-changing tactic? Stability, stability, stability? Most people would welcome that. Oh well, give her a chance, they say. It's a pretty high-stakes gamble against the rest of the world.

I think that the Tories biggest weakness is to rigidly stick to outdated ideology against all advice, at the same time spouting the same old guff about 'common sense'. You can blame 90% of what is going on now on world events, but it only takes one person wanting to make their mark in history to make it immeasurably worse. Immeasurable because everything is a surprise as it unfolds to inexperienced people without a plan.

17 comments:

  1. From King Cotton to King Charles. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. I needed a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LT's pro-growth strategy is a gamble. It's a bold move. Nothing is hard-fast and I'm betting adjustments will be made along the way. 900 in cash to all 64+ will help many. The US has done this along with free meals for children at school. Hunger is a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It made me laugh. Thanks. I haven't seen or heard anything of the Party Conference so had nothing to say on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already seen this and it made me laugh again just now..fabulous isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a funny clip and so well done - perfect timing! I wish that I could comment more often, but, mostly, I access your blog from my phone and I'm unable to comment from there. We can get a man to the moon AND BACK, but blogger can't let little ole' me have access to comment. Still reading everything, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot use blogger on my phone either. It seems to be Macs it has trouble with.

      Delete
  7. I didnt listen to what she was saying I was so impressed by the fact that she had changed her trainers on the last day for six inch heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh??? I don't think you saw the same clip, Weave!

      Delete
  8. I saw that on TikTok ..... so funny.
    I cannot , for the life of me, understand why they voted for Liz to be PM ..... no matter what their policies, she is their weakest link.. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it just shows how the party is completely out of touch with reality. They hear someone talking about tax cuts and they think that shows a true Conservative. They always say that Labour governments leave behind a complete financial mess which they have to clear up. This time it will be the reverse.

      Delete
  9. How can we get grow, grow, grow, when resources are finite?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't see it somehow 'automated abuse' it says. But as for Truss, a walking disaster with a sidekick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will get Labour in if she stays the course.

      Delete