Friday 22 July 2022

I said it


What with everything, it has all been very bizarre over the last couple of weeks. I have learned not to be fooled by thinking I feel normal shortly after waking up and I am not sure that 'normal' will ever be what I used to think it was. I am not complaining, I just hope I get my energy back in time for the large job which begins in September.

As if we can afford to waste any more time, Parliament is spending what little it has left before holidays on deciding who is the least creepy amongst them to replace Boris. Boris doesn't give a toss anymore, not that he ever did.

Here in town they are trying to get through the backlog of missed graduation ceremonies, so young people in medieval hats and gowns have been wandering around with their families for weeks. Same with weddings. They even have weddings on Sundays now.

I have been lusting after roast lamb for about two years, but have not bought any since the prices rose to about £30 for a small leg. Today I am going to treat myself and look out for a half leg. I will go to the halal world food shop at the bottom end of town and see what they have to offer. My vegetarian friends often snootily say, 'Meat should be expensive'. Well, to them I say - fuck off.  There. I said it.

18 comments:

  1. "There is nothing to say and I'm saying it and that's poetry" is my answer to your veggie friends, accompanied by a look of eyes and chin moving skywards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your leg or half leg. That's a long time to wait for something you fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I saw a tiny bit of leg in Waitrose yesterday which was reduced. I thought it said £4.85 but it was £14.85.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your roast. Life's big and little pleasures are important. Who cares what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every once in a while, you should have what you want and to hell with the expense. I hope you enjoy your roast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any food producer shouldn't be getting less than production costs....and we have got used to subsidised food and loss leaders. Whether it's veggie food or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not mind so much if the percentage was going to the farmers, but it's not.

      Delete
  6. I’ve been lusting after Russell Crowe for 20 years but nothing will come of that either

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how many Easter's ago I had lamb? Many, I'm sure.
    I hope you recover, and soon. In my house, my granddaughter and my landlady both have covid, mostly debilitating coughing. They advised me to leave, but nowhere to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is no crime to eat meat. But do you have a sense of taste? It would be a crime to spend that kind of money if your taste is off post-covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sense of taste has altered slightly, but still there.

      Delete
  9. When it comes to food, if I crave it and it's healthy, I'm getting it anyway. although tonight's dinner delivery (first time ever) was a far cry from what I wanted to get, due to not ordering early enough.

    ReplyDelete