Saturday 21 November 2020

Complete this simple survey

The things that have developed with the new blogger I would not call problems as such, but they do make life a little more difficult than they need be.

I have already mentioned the way that some of your posts appear a little later than they should and in the wrong chronological order, but I never mentioned that when I go to look at them I am redirected to a page with a link on it which I have to click before I can read them.

Up until recently, the link would appear purple if I had already clicked on it and ordinary blue if I hadn't. Now, no matter how many times I visit the post, the link remains blue. This sometimes confuses me, and I go to the post thinking I have not read it, only to find that I have. This problem is made worse by those of you who turn on comment moderation and when a comment I have left still has not been posted up. Are you trying to turn me even more insane than I am already? ARE YOU???

Anyway, the only reason for this boring few paragraphs is to ask if any of you experience the same issues. I will write a (hopefully) more entertaining one to take the taste out of your mouths.

8 comments:

  1. Don't ask me..! :(
    I lost the plot after the word 'simple'..

    Of course my Blog..contains the one post,
    dated December 2008..l'm not the original
    author of it..over the years, since learning
    a few things like copy/paste l've changed a few
    things myself..Also over the years l've been
    nagged to post or start a new Blog..I've always
    decided against it..! Keep things are they are..! :).
    And..follow other wonderful/amazing/educational Blogs..
    Like this one...Creep! Creep! :o).

    Of course l follow a few Blogs, and all of them,
    yes, all of them have have complained about the new
    set up..photos appearing up~side~down, written coming
    up blue, post not lining up..and so on..
    And..l have sent copies to Blogger 'feedback' over
    a period of time, and l'm a bit unsure if l can edit
    my own Blog post..Oh! Well...! :(.

    Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! (just practicing)...
    Merry Christmas! ๐ŸŽ„ Ho Ho Ho ๐ŸŽ…Merry Christmas! ๐ŸŽ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found the new blogger very good in general. Just a few things which need adjusting I think.

      Delete
  2. Connected to late, and I really don't understand this, but posts sometimes appear on my ipad before on the desktop. (Desktop has ad-blocker on, ipad does not.) No idea about re-direction or headings in different colours - does not apply! I'll bet that hasn't helped at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get redirections on my iPhone, just the desktop.

      Delete
  3. I've got a half written post in which I mention the most difficult software I've used is music software and 3D imaging. That's OK because both of these are difficult domains to understand. However, it certainly is annoying that Blogger (and WordPress) have recently "upgraded" their software to make an essentially simply domain unnecessarily difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to the redirection colour-coding and the disorderliness. And I like to litter my posts with lots of images and it's hard to control them in the new-B drafts. Ditto with paragraph alignment, it can get sort of stuck. I think most of my problems stem from playing with images. Sometimes I can lose text paragraphs when fiddling with a caption on a nearby pic or the pic itself vanishes. Not deal-breakers, just annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is carrying on as previously for me, except for the fact that when writing a post the text sometimes turns far bigger for some unknown reason, and I have to keep resizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems as though the gremlins appear to us in different guises

    ReplyDelete