Saturday 11 April 2020

Happy Easter


This far in and a few minor cracks are appearing, but nothing too serious.

A police officer ordering a family to leave their front garden and get back indoors. A police spokesman explained this mistake on there being no time for proper training in the new rules. It doesn't take training, it takes common sense.

A senior politician reverting to his old ways by blaming nurses for causing the shortage of personal protection equipment by over-using it. He is going to regret that spiteful and cowardly accusation for the rest of his life.

We are lucky in that our living room has South facing windows. I am going to sit in this bright room all day, read my book and frequently look out of the window to look at the handful of people walking in the street outside.

I will, at some point, go out on an egg hunt. I don't mean the chocolate ones, I mean the real ones which come from chickens.

I am just correcting the last sentence of this post. I accused people of stripping the shelves of eggs, but really it is an inevitable shelf stacking issue. They don't have the time to replace items during the day because they are all on other emergency duties like cleaning. People are shopping sensibly. Everyone is behaving very well.

25 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Easter greetings. I hope good can shine through above everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and yours ..... hope you find some chicken eggs ! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did. I think the temporary problems are more to do with shelf-stacking. They haven't the time to replace stuff during the day because most staff are on other duties taking care of queues and cleaning baskets and trollies, etc. bless 'em.

      Delete
  3. Happy and peaceful Easter, Tom. Enjoy your day in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter, Tom. With my little flock of hens, eggs are the one thing we are not concerned about. However, it's looking like milk might be on the list. We have no cow. Sit in a sunbeam, like a cat. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no milk shortage here really, just some delivery glitches occasionally. The cows just keep producing it!

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter, Tom! Eggs are one thing there's no shortage of in this house, since I have a chicken keeping friend. I will be making deviled eggs to go with a baked ham for our Easter feast.

    Take care, and keep well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Devilled eggs.....yum....thank you for reminding me of those.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes I think it would be nice to keep chickens, but then I remember foxes.

      Delete
  6. You can always rely on a politician letting slip what they really think eventually.
    For the extra £10,000 per MP to work from home he could have provided quite a lot of PPE for the nurses who put their lives on hold and at risk by not working from home. That comment will not be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is that he wasn't saying what he thinks - just the opposite. He was attempting to blame the very nurses for the shortage of equipment caused by 10 years of austerity, cost-cutting and the failure to act for the two months grace from Covid 19 when it would have been possible for his government to stock up on it.

      Delete
  7. Happy Easter to you and HI (and the green eyed one) - you always cheer me up - long may our virtual friendship continue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I'll try. The last words (to me) of a friend of mine the day he had a fatal heart attack were "It's nice to feel the sun on your head".

      Delete
  9. Happy Easter - and a happy egg hunting too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sunlit room, a good book and the right attitude. Sounds like an excellent, or an eggcellent Easter, Tom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, right now I am enjoying it. Ask me again in a month or so...

      Delete
  11. Plenty of eggs here, too, as I cannot eat a dozen in a month. I did see a recipe recently that called for eight eggs and cubed, stale bread, and it all turned into some kind of scramble. I'm not too sure.
    You wake up to a lovely day tomorrow. Plenty of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! It's going to get colder from next week.

      Delete
  12. I hope you and yours enjoy a happy, safe Easter, Tom. And get out in this glorious sun whilst it lasts.

    ReplyDelete