Friday 20 March 2020

Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings

I unexpectedly ran into Green Eyes as I was coming home (early) yesterday, and she came upstairs with me so she could blow a kiss to her grandmother from the safe distance of the top landing. She is a nurse in London, so she was taking no chances. Not many people actually want to kill their own grandmother, even accidentally.

As I put the key in the door she said, "You should clean your knob."

It took a while for her to understand why I was smiling.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Tom - you and Montelbano between you are keeping me sane through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensible advice, from a nurse too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to clean my knobs and knockers on a regular basis . XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what happens when the young are so protected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my best to make sure she was not over protected. When she was about 11 her mother asked her what she would do if confronted by a bull on a country walk she was planning. "Tell it to fuck off" was her response.

      Delete
  5. So good for the very young to have their circumaural headphone on - on the other hand: a little blush hightens green eyes in a very becoming way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Carry on Nurse" films are due a revival, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too many responsibilities in these hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was good advice, in all directions and applications!

    ReplyDelete