Friday 18 October 2019

One bored lunchtime...


It all started one lunchtime when I dropped a few crumbs of croissant on top of the pile of stones for the local robin to eat when passing. The dog actually sniffed out the few crumbs which wouldn't even constitute a snack for a robin, and would not rest until it had found and eaten them. The owner of the dog decided that it needed  a hand in getting up so placed himself in this position so that it could leap up from his back and land on the top of the stones.


The clueless dog needed a bit of encouragement to understand what was being offered, so someone else stepped in to give it a hand.


After about 4 minutes of confusion - on the dog's part - it began to get the idea.


'Look!' it seemed to say, 'I have climbed up onto his back like you wanted me to. Now what?'


Then it remembered the crumbs which it had been fixating on for so long before all this chaos started.

All this for a few flakes of croissant. I hope the robin wasn't watching.

15 comments:

  1. I'm tempted to say that you spoil that dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love robins .... I just had one follow me around the garden ... they are very tame. I am rather confused about the two men and the dog. Do you know them ? It looks like you do. XXXC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know them. We are a group of old men who sit around in a field drinking tea.

      Delete
  3. Is this Part 2 of a comedy line of posts following on from yesterday? Looking forward to Part 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The robin was probably splitting its sides with laughing - robins are much cleverer than dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And so, who was responsible for yesterday's hot water tap-in, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody really. My man didn't realise it was hot.

      Delete
  6. See my today's post.... I shall say no more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one, Tom. Had me grinning, which can't be bad in these fractious times!

    ReplyDelete