Thursday 9 August 2018

£1 = $1.29

I am wondering why The President (whose name we must not speak) has remained uncharacteristically silent about the sanctions imposed on Russia for the use of chemical weapons on British soil. Not a single tweet. I hear that the most popular local theory about why Trump (oops, I've said it) is in such thrall of Putin, is because Putin has beans so big to spill about Trump, that he has him under almost total control. I like that theory and I hope it is true.

I learned from our news that the imposition of sanctions was automatically triggered by the legal system of the USA, after it had been determined beyond reasonable doubt that both the nerve agent and the perpetrators came from Russia. Trump had no say in the matter.

They have now identified the three Russians who they believe delivered it to Salisbury, but I am not sure they think it worth asking Putin for permission to extradite them. I think it is only polite to simply ask, even if a refusal often offends.

Here is an interesting dilemma: Did you know that under U.K. law, it is a criminal offence for a government minister or private business to refuse to trade with another country when instructed not to by the USA?

The plot thickens.

9 comments:

  1. We used to have more cred! I love the items out of the prez' control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have more cred! I love the items out of the prez' control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plot has now thickened way above my understanding. And does that matter? I doubt it as little me is a mere dot on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is way beyond Trump's understanding too Weave.

      Delete
  4. We went through something similar with France in the 1970s after two French spies were caught for sabotaging the Rainbow Warrior, leading to the death of one of the crew.

    ReplyDelete