Sunday 12 February 2017

I admit it - I cannot fly

Just before I got up at 4.30 this morning, I dreamt that I had takem a large light aircraft from a garage or hangar, with the intention of taking off down a large and public grass strip in the middle of town.

The engine did not seem to be producing enough power, and I had to go under some trees rather than clearing them by going over.

I thought better of it and circled round to land back on the grass, realising that I did not know where I was going aside from the Swindon area, and thought I had better get the plane back into the owner's hangar before it was missed and I was prosecuted for a number of serious offences, not least endangering the lives of others.

I thought I had gone beyond fear of inadequacy and failure by now, but obviously not!

12 comments:

  1. You were dreaming of Cro's cockpit photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. " she was only the pilot's daughter...but she kept her cock pit clean"

      Delete
    2. I do not dream of Cro's cock or pits.

      Delete
  2. Probably the job. You can do it so the dream will turn out wrong and will be confined to the back of the shelf where it belongs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, on both counts. 150 people were waiting for me to fuck up though.

      Delete
  3. No, no, no, you cannot fly an aeroplane. In your dreams you still can fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could fly a plane if the pilot died.

      Delete
  4. I've had those flight dreams too. The plane takes off and can't seem to clear the overhead lines and trees and the plane has to land in some field or even worse, keeps on going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took off, did a few circuits and landed ok today The job I am doing right now is the most high profile ever, and failure is not an option without a subsequent suicide. I did not fail and live to work another day, fuck it. I wish I could show you photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can suggest that we look at a particular issue of a particular magazine the next time they feature you know what.

      Delete