Saturday 16 April 2016

The invisible man

I don't know what is going on, but the only people who seem to want to get back in touch with me at the moment either want money from me, or want - like John - to slap me 'till my teeth rattle. The ones that want to do that stand a much better chance of success than John does, though.

I don't think the woman in Oxfordshire wants to pay me for the week spent going to and fro to her house to work, and my friends in Spain are not answering my requests to book their air b&b in Malaga.

The suppliers in Canada simply refuse to acknowledge that I exist at all, despite that I want to give them lots of money and have changed my email address simply for their benefit.

My friend who owns the company in Somerset will not call me back about a couple of little jobs that I want done, and the people who cut me a piece of marble (at my own expense) did not bother to tell me it had been done, so the client accused me of inefficiency.

The people (well bastards, actually) who are supposed to run my broadband and telephone will not respond to requests to get it working properly, and Apple has - once again - locked me out of my own photos, preferring that I download a 'free' photo-editing system that runs online adverts whilst I am trying to work on my own pictures. This is why I have not posted any pictures here today - I cannot get into my own files.

I think that I am supposed to be getting invisible as I get older, but that doesn't stop maniacs and advertising salesmen from spotting me.

11 comments:

  1. Join the club Tom. The older we get the more invisible we become until eventually we just fade away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be persistent. Be a nag. The squeaky wheel, etc. It will all come right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought about the underground man in Dostoyevsky's NOTES FROM THE UNDERGROUND (never enjoyed the Russian writers.) I bet Joanne could get it all done for you. Ask if she hires out. I am surprised that you of all people are having so much trouble getting those things done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of makes you wonder if this is why some people decide to become axe murderers. Not that I am suggesting this rather drastic way to get noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's only women who become invisible as they age. The few mobile men who remain are on everyone's radar. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be back in touch with you and want nothing from you but a bit of time to get settled in my new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And all those people who are getting on your tits, have their own people getting on their tits.... and so it continues. What we need is one specific day designated after which all the world will begin to act 'normally', and not get on anyone's tits ever again

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Oxfordshire woman needs to pay up...bills should be paid, and it is rude to make people wait. Invisibility is reserved for us middle aged woman Tom....men just get greyer and sexier usually as they age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you died yet ? No, well if you want attract attention try announcing your death and am certain that folk will come a running.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your broadband and phone. I thought you were escaping Talktalk as I have done. Had an easy peasy transfer to Vodafone though TalkTalk have just notified me of another bill by email but they have closed my account so can't get in to check what's going on. Aaargh can't get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete