Thursday 16 May 2013

UKIP


If you ever want to know if a fellow blogger is still alive, or still shows any interest in life at all, then there are a few tricks you can employ to get them to come out of their shell.

For instance, yesterday's post was a sure-fire way to get a reaction from Sarah T, who could not resist tearing herself away from the book-launch to respond positively to the suggestive photo in it.

If I ever want to find out if the Hattatts are still alive, then I just mention Venice or Iford Manor, as I am sure they have a piece of software that scans for the mere mention of either, and sets of an alarm when it finds one.

Cro does not normally go silent, but if he does, all you need do is mention any sort of food whatsoever, and he'll start virtually salivating.

Heron - I have just discovered - becomes extremely verbal on the subject of mangoes if prompted, so I am keeping that one up my sleeve for any time he becomes uncharacteristically shy.

John cannot resist commenting on anything which hints at dog-shit, but that's the Welsh for you.

It is too early to know what rattles Jim's cage, but since he - by his own admission - needs more day to day attention than most of us, and hasn't put up any Mantovani for a few days, I am going to try this blog title, just to see if my intuition is correct.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This is a joint reply to the three of you - it's comments like the 3 above which make it all worth while. I am still laughing.

      Delete
  2. Intuition (and politics): "That is a wide field" (= That is a wide subject) - as our poet Theodor Fontane wrote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that all he wrote? Not much of a poet - my grandchildren could have written more - with or without drugs.

      Delete
  3. What are you talking about?

    Is that Prince Charles' house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you need to know is that your grandchildren are treating you like a patsy, and are running a highly successful drugs-running industry from your house, Joanne.

      Delete
  4. Mangoes are ok, however my preference is to have a dish of nicely chilled pawpaw with some thin cream. Eaten outside and accompanied by a glass or three of champers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These revelations are completely changing my attitude to rural life in Ireland in general, and the ancient cult of Druidism in particular. It seems I have been living in a 2000 year-old past up until now.

      Delete