Tuesday 26 June 2012

Another satisfied customer


I have experienced the old problem in sending emails this morning, but this time in a new guise - it just refuses to send, without saying why.  I thought I had fixed it a few days ago by the eternal, bloody 're-configuring' I seem to have to do constantly these days, but my server is fucking about with the system, and is trying to keep me on my virtual toes.  BASTARDS!

I try and keep myself calm by remembering that - at least - I do not rely on a Nat West bank account, because their team of techies have single-handedly been responsible for the bankruptcy, false imprisonment, eviction, fraudulent activity, non-payment of bills/fines, failure to meet contractual agreement arrangements, failure to feed entire families, failure to buy fuel with which to go to work and probably a few hundred suicides for all the above reasons and more which I cannot, right now, think of.  Even they cannot think of all the repercussions that this monumental cock-up is going to produce, but they have teams of damage-limitation lawyers already on the case, trying to make sure that it costs them as little as possible to sort out in the way of compensation.

If you are an RBS or NAT WEST customer here in Britain and Northern Ireland who does not keep £10,000 in cash under your mattress at home, you have probably sunk into such depths of despair that you are seriously considering going round to your branch and withdrawing every penny from them, and causing a run-on by way of punishment for completely and utterly mis-managing your entire life for you.  The only thing stopping you is probably that the banks will use the excuse to take ALL of your money and never give it back.

Who needs remote hacking attacks against banking computer systems, when their own I.T. experts seem to be just as capable of carrying one out, in-house?

I think I am right in saying that this electronic collapse of the NAT WEST's banking system is THE biggest to have ever happened in world history.

It's good to know that Britain is still the world-leader in some areas.

6 comments:

  1. I actually agree with you tom....I think I hinted at it in my blog a day or so ago... but we are a stone's throw away from the "dark ages"
    all it takes is a computer that says NO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a 'frightfully nice' Emailed letter from RBS this morning, telling me that they would compensate me for any inconvenience. I'm now wishing I'd actually been inconvenienced! Sadly I hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cro
    I have been inconvenienced andI have not had ANY letter!
    sods law

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you don't have as much loot stashed with them as Cro does (or so I surmise...).

      Delete
  4. The Head of the Bank said on TV last night they were a big bank and their shoulders were broad and they would bear the brunt of any claims for ocmpensation!! Ha-ha to that. Luckily I don't bank with them. Sorry John though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their shoulders are only as big as the British tax-payer has allowed them to be. Even NOW they are asking for more bail-outs. I had better stop before I start using even worse language than I did above. Oh my GOD - I hate those greedy, cynical, self-serving, psychopathic bastards so much.

      Delete