Wednesday 8 June 2011

A boyish attempt at grabbing Mise's attention

Today, I bought a 4.5 ton block of Dorset stone which this old castle is made from, from...


... the people who own this old castle, which these days is described as 'new'.

I tried and tried to stuff it into the back of my Volvo, but it just wouldn't fit. It doesn't even fit on the back of a 7.5 ton truck either, so - since I have no HGV licence - I'm having it collected for me by someone who has, then they are going to post it through my letterbox.

I'll keep you informed.

3 comments:

  1. The gated entrance to the 'new' castle is surprisingly low key. The two carved dogs (?) are rather nice. Too much tarmac though. Good luck with your postman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually visit these two yesterday, though they are right next to the estate yard where I bought the stone. I will though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a 4.6 ton block of Dorset stone would impress me more.

    ReplyDelete