In an attempt to scare the daylights out of you, so that you keep away from Cro's and my woodland and leave all the mushrooms for us, I have posted pictures of three other types of mushroom, all of which I have deliberately eaten, and one of which can probably kill you.
The top ones are Honey Fungus, and delicious. However, they can cause extreme stomach upsets in some people. Since the books don't exactly say which people, it is a case of suck it and see. I ate them with no ill effects. These are the mushrooms which tree-surgeons get to know before all others, as they actually kill the host tree.
The middle one is a Boletus which can also cause upsets in some people. Again, I got away with it.
The bottom one - 'Fly Agaric' or Amanita Muscaria - is that one from every kid's story book, and the skin (only the skin) contains the toxin 'muscaria' which causes hallucinations, extreme illness and, in some cases, coma and death. The French fry these mushrooms, skin down in the pan, and have them for breakfast. The cooking destroys the toxin. I ate a raw one, because I wanted to see what the hallucinations are like. They were used as battle aids by marauding Viking troops - the 'Beserkers' - and this is where we get the word 'beserk' from. They give you a feeling of immense power - invincible and effortless power, so that you feel like a god who is about to shit himself at any moment. A strange sensation, I'm sure you would agree. I got away with that one too.
There are many other mushrooms which have the same conflicting advice attached to them - i.e. "They taste nice, but I wouldn't eat them if I were you".
So, you have to ask yourself.... Well, are you, punk? (apologies to Clint Eastwood)