Wednesday 22 November 2017

Keep Calm and Carry On...

Things are beginning to pile up for me. The change in the weather means that I cannot just go outside my workshop under a gazebo to work, and the inside of it is becoming so cluttered that I spend a lot of time just searching for a tool which I put down the day before, and tripping over tangled leads and airlines which have been left where I threw them down when last used.

The interior of my workshop is cold, dark and damp because I put off fixing the stoves and lighting during the warm, light Summer months, but now even the resident rats are complaining.

My financial affairs are just as messy, and complicated by the fact that every month I am paid late because of the complexity of the accountant's system.

I am beginning to feel as though I need a team of people to come in and take control - or at least stand over me to make sure I do the right things in good time, like mentors for people with special needs.

I thought I had a plan a few years ago, but the way things have turned out for everyone means that the plan wasn't good enough and there is no Plan B.

Oh well, I will just have to put into practice the advice on that tea-towel.

23 comments:

  1. No Tom - you have to sit down, make a list of all the things you need to do and get them done - one by one - ticking them off as you go. In the end you will feel renewed I promise you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know Weave, but I should have done that 30 years ago.

      Delete
  2. I suspect Theresa May shares your pain even if the details aren't quite the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to have a bit of a tidy !!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Befriend someone with OCD. They'll sort you out. Or form a close relationship with a local German. They'll do the same. Alles muss in Ordnung sein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to rid myself of commitments to my OCD friends. Mein Kampf.

      Delete
  5. Necessity is the mother of invention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I invented my credit card accounts.

      Delete
  6. sometimes things solve themselves, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know a tiny bit of how you feel...just a tiny bit.
    After many phonecalls and emails the supplementary works bill has been reduced to 490£ from 1250.00£

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an impressive result, even though I don't know what the supplementary works bill is. Sounds like jargon attached to a scam to give it weight to me.

      Delete
    2. A cowboy first kitchen fitter me thinks!

      Delete
  8. Separate problems here. The state of financial affairs and the state of your work area. Think of them separately. Two separate "calm and carry on" situations. Actually curing one probably will cure the other. You are so frustrating. I would be fixing a lot of light and heat pronto, if it were me having to do the job. Good luck, and carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is separate. I bought new lights today.

      Delete
  9. I have a red box full of papers that need looking at. Every once in a while I add "red box" to my To Do list, and after a couple of weeks I open the lid and peek in. If I have waited long enough, the urgency will have expired and I can quickly sort through it over the recycling bin. If not, I put "Pay dentist", for example, on the next To Do list. At least that bill will have made it out of the box. I'm sure there's a better system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People give me boxes full of papers and I stuff them under the bed.

      Delete
    2. That's one way to deal with them.

      Delete
  10. Tom, I hope in the coming months your stress will lessen. Hopefully you will have made progress on your worship. Crack a whip to the accountant to expedite in a more timely manner. I, too have an untidy shed I use for his holiday stuff and gardening tools. I lug everything out with the vision of tidying it up better than before. It doesn’t seem to work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turns out that the accountant keeps mislaying my invoices. I would like to take the entire Winter off these days.

      Delete
    2. Tom, I apologize for the grammatical errors. I was exhausted when I dictated my responses. They key is to proof read what “Siri” heard. 🤣😉

      Delete
    3. I used to go out with Siri's sister.

      Delete