Friday 31 October 2014

One more thing before Christmas


This morning, I will wave goodbye to T2 who will drive down to the South Coast in his classic MG, then I will get on with work - and blogging - as normal, whatever 'normal' is.

Here he is in his natural environment - a far from normal sculpture park in his home town of Bremerhaven. If only all dentists could be like him.

This morning, the 15 minute radio show on all things German is doing a bit on Buchenwald. Poor T.

I said, "They had to mention it, I suppose," and he said, "Yes. Every day."

I know this post is boring, but as I said yesterday, abnormal service will be resumed as of tomorrow. We have Halloween to get through first.

I was told by a local councillor that Sir Cliff Richard was to turn on our Christmas lights this year, but that was back in the Spring, before the shit hit his particular fan.

I read today that they are now going to be turned on by an impossibly good-looking boy-band who I have never heard of, but since I am not 15 (any more) that isn't surprising.

12 comments:

  1. It's a funny photo. Lot's of Halloween activity here in Australia but it not part of our traditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither us, but it's a good excuse for a piss-up.

      Delete
  2. He looks a nice sort of chap. I won't be carving any pumpkins or wearing a witches outfit or helping children's teeth to rot with bags of sweets - I just don't get it I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T2 is too cute. And your Halloween face post before.? Scared the bejesus out of me, well done. Flipped though your past guest posts how creative was that? Now YOU get back to work with normal crabby assed posts soon OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. T2 looks intelligent and likable. He just might have to work a little bit on 'finger extension' should he ever want to join a boy band and do some dancing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit late for that - he is 54, but doesn't look it.

      Delete