Saturday 20 January 2018

No twerking


We were only just talking about the regular clientele of good British pubs. This is one of ours last night.

I had spent all morning in there, making my first - and probably last - music video. This is the one which also involves the drone arial photography which I did last year.

I say 'I did' but in fact all of it just involves me standing behind the camera operators, telling them what to do. Since I will only be making one film of this kind, there is no point in me learning how to fly a drone or operate a camera over a period of weeks. I am not even editing it - I am just telling the professional editor what to do. Thinking about it, I suppose that this is what real directors do all the time.

The band itself are three highly professional musicians, so I didn't have to tell them what to do. They told me what they were going to do, which was about 8 takes of one tune which will be released as a single around March this year. I will alert you all to it when it comes out, and I will alert you to my video when it comes out too. If everything goes to plan, you will not be able to miss it.

I have a feeling you will like this band. They are very gentle, melodic and acoustic. Charming is the word for it. Just the thing for you old folk. There will be no large-arsed women twerking in front of the lens in the video, so some of you may be a little disappointed. No names here.

My plan for today is cook a massive stew involving dumplings, then go to the pub - again. That's it.


15 comments:

  1. We're staying indoors; it's bloody foul outside. Wind and rain all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case you were wondering, his eyeballs are a chickpea flour based snack. I put the black dots on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those chocolate boxes and biscuit tins behind the spooky-looking clientele?
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, just pork scratchings and pictures stuck on the wall.

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward to seeing the video. I like a bit of folk music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit more Trans Atlantic than folk. I do not associate with folk artistes, they are a pain in the arse. If you want a preview, look up DLM (Andy Davis + friends) for a song called, 'All I do is Dream of You'.

      Delete
    2. I associate with Kate and Anna McGarrigle as you do, That is my kind of folk.

      Delete
  5. O.k., I want names. Who wanted to see large-arsed women twerking? Come forward. I won't judge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever I do a stew I always plan on making lots and lots, but I get so tired of browning all the meat that I end up putting half of it in the freezer. And then it's just 4 servings. How massive was yours? (Ooh, that sounds impertinent, doesn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By 'massive' I really mean enough for two, for two nights, so not really massive by most people's standards I suppose. You must have forgotten the answer to the impertinent question in the intervening years...

      Delete
  7. I would like your definition of 'long arsed' pleased (Remember I have lived a sheltered life) - oh and also I am beginning to think the pub is your second home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said 'large-arsed' Weave. I think you know what that means! You're right. The pub - being my only form of social life - is my second home. There are children born years ago who have only ever seen me in it, so they believe that I really do live there. This is true.

      Delete