Thursday 21 September 2017

What I did on my holiday, part 2


Sitting at the cafe on Middle Beach, endlessly drinking tea and trying to keep up with the ceaseless changes caused by the clouds playing around with the light over Studland Bay.

The tiniest of events were quite exciting in a relaxed sort of way, so you can imagine the effect of witnessing a catamaran capsize in a gentle breeze had on us. It produced a wry smile. One minute there was a vivid triangle of orange sail in the middle distance, and the next it was flat on the water.

H.I. had been drawing the scene, then looked up from the book and said, "What's happened to the boat?"

14 comments:

  1. I have just heard that during the rehearsal for the D-Day landings in Dorset, as witnessed by Eisenhower , the King, Churchill and Montgomery, 750 American troops were accidentally killed by the British. At the real thing, about 150 died...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a few days of total relaxation when you don't have to think about getting meals, doing jobs around the house etc. can fully restores one's equilibrium - ukuleles or no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember sailing small 'Hobie' cats in the Med', and not knowing how to turn round. I always had to jump in the water and somehow do it by hand. Going in a straight line again was easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. My reply to your email was returned as undeliverable. Don't know why.

      Delete
    2. Pity. Don't know why either. I don't appear to have been having problems with emails recently.

      Delete
  5. The sight and sound of the water would put me straight to sleep. And when I stood, I would be straight over, like the boat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ought to go on for about an hour really, but there would be too much data for Google to process.

      Delete
  6. Relaxing time then Tom? glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing the road in Corfe and running to catch the train from Swanage was a bit stressful, but in the main, yes thank you.

      Delete
  7. This is just what a holiday video should be.

    ReplyDelete