Sunday 23 July 2017

Doom not gloom


I am on a bit of a high right now. I had an email from my patron yesterday saying how much they liked the design for the latest bit of sculptural work. I am not sure if this flurry of top quality work coming my way would have been better when I was younger, but I am not going to ask myself too much. I'll just carry on taking things as they come, as I always have.

It would not have done anything for my C.V. in any case, because I have signed confidentiality agreements which make the official secrets act look lax. To the outside world it is going to look as though I did nothing for the last 30 years of my life. Oh well.

I have had a very up and down existence since I left college, but H.I.'s has been extremely consistent. Paint, teach, paint, teach. Tomorrow she begins the first of the Summer Schools which she has been privately conducting for years. I am the driver/technician, as I was for the British Events theatre company - another career amongst many.

I checked the venue to see if it still had the cushion that I bought for last year's model, and to my amazement it was still there. Then I had a message from a villager saying that the store room had been cleared out by the toddler's playgroup, so I went again to find it had gone - one week before class.

We always seem to get very pretty young models and I bought a new cushion for this year's one. As usual, I am dutifully thinking about her backside.

Life can be hard, but it has its rewards.

15 comments:

  1. A pleasure to be well settled into life, at last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfortable model; less fidget. Old maxim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to do some things together I think ...... very supportive and good to be part of H.I's work .....I know this is a bit gratuitous but do you have to wash the cushion after each sitting ?!!!!! Sorry but I just thought I'd ask !!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The model is fully clothed, Jack@. I hope that's cleared that up in your head, if not the cushion.

      Delete
    2. Oh .... that's good ..... I was a bit worried for the cushion !!! XXXX

      Delete
    3. It is a velvet cushion, but you need not trouble your troubled head about it. Anyway, some people are troublesomely dry at all times. As far as the model goes, I have no idea, and I doubt I ever will.

      Delete
    4. Ha! Also: How are your German guests? Still with you in Bath?

      Delete
    5. Tonight they are in Wales. Yesterday they were in Minehead. Tomorrow they will probably invade Poland.

      Delete
  4. doom and gloom. the feeling that a situation is bad and is not likely to improve Come on, it's not all doom and gloom, if we make a real effort we could still win.
    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete